Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Inspire Me 2014 Day 9 - Best blogging advice

Welcome to Day 9 of Inspire Me 2014!

Today's promt is:
Tuesday, January 14: Best Blogging tips & coding that could be beneficial


I was struggling with this at first because I'm still a newer blogger myself and don't know all the ins and outs yet. 

But then it came to me. I've given advice on a variety of issues other bloggers have had but there's one thing in particular that I seem to explain the most: when someone leaves a comment and then they are a "noreply-blogger."

For those who don't know what that means, it's basically saying that I can't respond to you unless I reply directly on the blog. Sometimes that's ok to do, but many bloggers prefer to respond via email, such as myself, and it can get a little frustrating because we want to reply but can't. It's also hard because if we have to reply directly through our blogs, you may not even think to look. When I first started blogging and didn't know about this, I'd comment on someone's post and then get a little sad when I never got a reply. I'd have to go dig around to find the post and then see the comment. 

It's a simple fix though! Here are the steps to fix it:

1) Go to your Blogger Dashboard. Up at the top right you'll see your name with an arrow. 
2) Click on that and a box will pop up. "Blogger Profile" should be there. Click on that. You'll come to another page. Click on "Edit Profile" at the top right
3) All of your settings will come up next. The first section is "Privacy." The second option says "Show my Email address". Make sure that's checked

And that's it! So easy :) 


If you'd like to read the rest of the prompts, find them here
Please link up/follow with both myself and Lisa

 photo 6fc67b01-5733-4863-870e-03edc4c96936_zpsde85251d.jpg 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs