Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Shrimp and Pasta

First off, i would just like to write a letter to weather:

Dear Weather: Its April 23rd and I'm pretty sure that a thing called Spring is supposed to be hanging around. Right now you've given us gray skies, rain, and 40 degrees. I'm pretty sure we arent seeing eye to eye today...


So anyway, today I'm linking up for another Tasty Tuesday with Jessica and Ashley





This is a recipe that has been in the family for awhile. Unfortunately, I dont have a picture of it. I know I know...terrible blogger. :( But because my mom is making it sometime soon, I figured Id share! This recipe includes wine, so I hope for alot of you that's a plus!! I can remember back in high school, I took a cooking class and we'd have Johnson and Wales come and teach us how to cook something...alot of it being with wine. It was sooo good!!


Ingredients:
  • 3/4 lb. of fresh jumbo shrimp
  • 1/4 cup of garlic cloves
  •  6 green onions
  • a lemon 
  • stick of butter 
  • 8 parsley branches 
  • 1/2 a box of linguine (*this pasta is what my uncle says to use but my mom will buy one of those instant bags of pasta where you mix water, milk and butter and then put the pasta/seasoning in. She uses like a garlic pasta)
  • 1/4 cup of Chardonnay 




Directions:
 Start with about 3/4 lb. of fresh jumbo shrimp.  Remove the shells, rinse and set aside.

Chop up 1/4 cup of garlic cloves.  If you soak the garlic cloves in warm water for a few minutes, they are easier to handle while cutting.

Chop 6 green onions (scallions).

Cut a lemon in half.

Melt a stick of butter slowly in a small pot.

Cut the leaves off about 8 parsley branches and chop the leaves.

Boil a big pot of water for 1/2 a box of linguine.

Pour 1/4 cup of Chardonnay in a measuring cup and drink the rest of the bottle (a little while cooking and the rest with the meal).

That was the easy part.

When the butter is melted, try to skim the foam off with a spoon and then slowly pour the rest into a big skillet but leave anything that sinks in the pot and dispose.

Once the water is boiling, start a timer for 11 minutes and put the linguine in the pot.

At about 8 minutes to go, start heating up the butter in the skillet on medium heat.

When the butter is hot, put the garlic and scallions in the skillet and cook for 1 1/2 minutes.

Pour in the wine and squeeze 1/2 a lemon.

Once it is all hot, put in the shrimp and cook about 2 minutes each side.

Add the parsley and some salt and pepper.

By this time, the linguine should be done.  Strain and pour the hot linguine in the skillet and mix everything together.


*This recipe is enough for two. Enjoy! :)

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Shrimp, onions, and butter? I'm totally in! Sounds delish!

Anonymous said...

I love any dish that has shrimp in it.. it's so good! Thanks for linking up with us!

Jessica Miller said...

Shrimp and pasta are two of my favorite things in the world.. seriously! And when you cook them with wine - I'm sold! I can't wait to try this! Thanks so much for linking up with Ash and I! :)

xoxo

Susannah said...

That sounds SO GOOD!!! :-D

Letters from a Mermaid said...

recipe looks delicious! and yes today in PA is the first time it has looked like spring for real....Lake Erie likes to throw the weather off for sure!

Unknown said...

Sounds really good
I will Have to try this
I'm always Looking for new Recipes

Kristen said...

I'm still learning to cook so new recipes are my best friends right now!!

You like to craft? Its a favorite hobbie of mine. I've learned everything I know from my mom, aunt and grandmother. Thet are scrapbookers, card makers and anything else that comes their way. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work and I hope we can chat more!

Kristen said...

Its been so gloomy all day. To be honest, it had that wintery feel. Both my classes were very quiet. Everyone's mood was kind of dull. Its been beautiful out but so windy. I just want to make use of my flip flops!!

I've seen you mention it before but always forget to say something. You live in Erie? My fiance has family that lived their for a long time!

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs